Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chronicles Of Killadev - WOW this was pace!

As I sit here extremely drawn and seemingly quartered by my less than forgiving work trousers, I am forced to gently reflect on what could have been one of the best weekends known to humankind EVER. Now, for me to come to this astonishing conclusion and be totally confident in said decision is as startling to me as it is to you. Now, before we go forward, I must say that I have come to expect from myself some profound thought somewhere disguised in my posts. HOWEVER, this time, I think, is not that lucky, because this weekend was not for thinking, pondering or even merely engaging the memory centre of the human brain. NO I say, this was an all out weekend for nonsense: pure, unadulterated, no-holds-barred, thick and creamy nonsense. And it is my belief that everyone should have one of these before they die or get married, or before either event. I will try to remember most of the happenings and relate it.

So, post-losing a football game on Saturday, as is the custom in most countries and cultures some team building was in order. This just means beer and scotch in St. James, and this turned out to be the beginning of my slide into the dark nonsense. Promptly after building my team and vibe, a very hard party was in order, and where better than a free drinks in 51? This by no stretch of the imagination was a bad idea, as is the usual outcome with the prolific 51 - the party was to say the least, awesome. After this was done my night had seemingly now began, yet I was told there was a J'Ouvert.

Yes, I said: "a J'Ouvert."

Now the last time I checked, it was August. But there was a J'Ouvert nonetheless. To make sure I was not being taken for a fool, I changed my regular party clothes and decided to investigate ... and at about 5 am, I was on my way down to continue the best 2 days of my life. On arrival at Pier 1, I was presently shocked as there was chocolate, music, rum and ladies being given away, and yes these are some of my favourite things when singular, but when combined as it was so superbly done in that microcosm of J'Ouvert, I have no choice but to say to God: THANK YOU. (BIG UP COCO DEVILS FOR LIFE AT THIS POINT.)

After prematurely being introduced to J'Ouvert, and being covered in chocolate, scotch, and the stink of beautiful woman, there was a need for me and the team to get clean. And it was off to the beach. After waiting for KFC Maraval to open and investing some cold hard cash in the Colonel’s golden goodness and semi-sobering up, the excursion to the beach was on. After devouring many deep fried chicken parts, it was time to clean our souls of the sin and revelry that took place not more than 45 minutes before. As usual the cool Caribbean water of Maracas was healing, caressing and very much needed. Upon reaching home at 2 pm I had a ‘function’ (as used by the older heads to refer to a formal gathering of some sort) to attend at 2 pm, so it was in the shower and time to go. The ‘function’ I refer to needs no mentioning as I feel it is not my place and it’s not important for it to be known here. Just know that it was a good function and there was an open bar from which I did not to pry, my tired, sunburnt and hungover soul from until about 5 am Monday morning. Note that this all happened in the space of 48 hrs, and this could have been the best used 48 hrs ever in the history of ever. As I proof read this for typos and grammatical errors I am not sure if to be proud or ashamed BUT I can only say WOW, this was pace.

........KILLADEV.

2 comments:

Michael B said...

When I grow up I want to be like you

Anonymous said...

u always make me so proud..lolol..even when i not limin..i well vex i miss da j'ouvert tho..but other committments outside of my regularly scheduled drunken escapades were in order...lol