Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I got a big ego but....


‘NOT FOR EGO, BEYOND SELF, NOT OF THIS WORLD’
BENEFIT DANCE SHOW IN AID OF THE SALVATION ARMY’S HOME FOR CHILDREN ‘THE NEST’ AND STEFANIE BELNAVIS’ MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY AT ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY (USA)
Hey Everyone,
I hope to pursue my Master’s in Dance Movement Therapy and Counseling at Antioch University, New Hampshire, in Fall 2009 with a view to obtain my Licensure as a Certified Dance Movement Therapist with the American Dance Therapy Association (A.D.T.A).
To aid me in this venture, I am organizing a benefit dance show titled
‘NOT FOR EGO, BEYOND SELF, NOT OF THIS WORLD’
which is scheduled to be held at the Philip Sherlock Centre for the Creative Arts, U.W.I (Mona Campus) on
FRIDAY, JULY 3RD 2009 AT 8:00 PM($500 for Students with ID and $1000 for Regular Patrons)
SATURDAY, JULY 4TH 2009 AT 8:00 PM($1000 for Regular Patrons)
SUNDAY, JULY 5TH 2009 AT 6:00 PM($1000 for Regular Patrons)
NOT FOR EGO - speaks to my financial need to pursue my Master’s Degree in Dance Movement Therapy and Counseling at Antioch University.
BEYOND SELF - speaks to paying it forward as the proceed from the Friday show will be donated to the Salvation Army’s Home for Children ‘The Nest’ of the Havendale Chapter. I currently volunteer my services there as a Dance Instructor and would like to aid them in purchasing an industrial generator for the home.
NOT OF THIS WORLD - speaks to the hope of introducing the concept of Dance Movement Therapy to Jamaica and the Caribbean through my studies and experience in this field.
Along with my choreography, this show will also feature works from a series of emerging Jamaican Dance Artist, namely
DENISE GIBBSKEITA-MARIE SATHERSWAITE CHAMBERLAIN KERRY-ANN HENRYLISA WILSONMARLON SIMMSNEILA EBANKSSTEFANIE THOMAS
AND
International Dance Videographer – SARA LONGCROFT
TICKET OUTLETS: PIZZA PAZZA, NEW KINGSTON (968-4095)STEFANIE D. BELNAVIS (507-1770)
I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
STEF
...

No comments: